Friday, February 10, 2012

Back to the pool

With just over a week to go...and having thrashed my legs over the past couple of days...it was either going to be a rest day...or a treck to the pool.

With nothing planned for tomorrow, the pool won out. Although not until a fierce internal battle.

The fact that I had a meeting close to the pool just beforehand didn't help matters either.

After Sunday's debacle in the Cole Classic, I decided on a more structured set, starting with a 300m warm up, split into 3 x drills of 100m each, these being the finger touch (without touching fingers), finger drag and the old fist swimming technique (the latter resulting in my body being so far under the water that I nearly drowned several times).

Once I had got through this, I then decided on the old 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 pyramid set, with the aim being to really try and push each interval. I didn't take a watch, but did feel like I was a little quicker over each interval with the last couple really hard work.

All finished off with a 100m warm down for 2km all up.

Probably the best swim session I have done for a while...looks like more structure might be the way to go! I probably need to invest in some flippers now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment