With only a week to go until Husky, today was to be the last long brick session before the big day. With Tim and Roly wanting to go longer (Tim never actually made it due to excess alcohol consumption last night), I decided to go solo, not wanting to push things too much...
On a gorgeous morning, I loaded up the TT bike and headed up the beaches, managing to get green lights all the way to Narrabeen which must be a record! I also spent most of the trip in the aero position, something that has been worrying me over the past couple of weeks, given the lack of riding I had done on the TT bike due to the weather.
Made it to the Church Point (15km) turn off in 30 mins and to the bottom West Head turn off (25km) in 53 mins with the legs feeling good after a couple of days off. I actually saw Roly riding in the opposite direction, on the way to a 60/12 set.
From there I continued on up the McCarrs Creek hill and back via Forest Way (staying aero most of the way) and the Wakehurst Parkway for just over 51km all up in 1.47. Quicker than I wanted, but the legs were feeling good.
After a quick change, it was out on the run, deciding to wear my hydration belt for the first time, just with 2 x bottles of hydralite to keep me company.
As with the bike, the legs continued to feel good, and so I pushed the pace a tad quicker than the 5 min pace I was aiming at.
I followed the normal Sydney Road circuit, back along Sydney Road into Manly for 10km all up in 49 mins, averaging 4.54's. Felt comfortable the whole way, with the hydration belt a definite plus.
All up just over 2.5 hours for the morning with the legs feeling strong the whole way...a good sign. Now all I need is to work out how to construct the new wheels and put them on the bike and I could be dangerous.
I will try to keep things easy this week, maybe Pain and a couple of rides, as well as a sneaky swim mid week if I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment