Met up with Mike H at Bike Addiction for another ride up the beaches. I was aiming for around 60km but this was soon revised when we discovered that the road to Church Point was closed after a tree had come down. Turned around and ended up with just over 42.5km in 1.48 by the time I got home, so decided to run longer instead to make up for it.
Headed out through the lagoon and on the usual Sydney Road circuit, taking a right at Condamine instead of heading straight into Manly, looping onto the Manly to Spit walk which added another km or so to the total. From there I looped out to Shelly before finishing at North Steyne SLSC.
Pace wise, I was aiming for something sub 4.50's so was happy to come in with 4.49's on the Garmin. 12.4km in just under an hour with the warm down. Very muggy morning and I was soaked by the time I got home.
Good to get another 3 hours under the belt though with just over 2 weeks to go to Husky...
On my first ride in 3 months I saw you guys at Church Point! Grimly coming back. I didn't realise why until 5 mins later when I got to the road closure.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Mike! Let's ride soon...
Delete