With the end of the world forecasted for Saturday morning, we made the decision on Friday to can the 150km ride and instead decided on a long run, figuring that it was a better option in the conditions.
I left home at 5.20am, meeting the boys in Manly at 5.30am. Although the rain wasn't torrential, the cross wind was pretty evil and even though it was dark, the noise of the waves were enough to suggest that things were pretty bumpy out at sea.
Deciding that none of us liked change, we headed out on the tried and trusted route, heading up to Sydney Road before making our way to Warringah Mall and back to Manly. By the time we reached the Mall the first time, Roly decided he wanted to up the pace and headed off while Tim and I preferred to settle into what felt like a solid pace. Wearing the HR monitor again, I was keen to stay in Zone 2 for as long as I could.
Back to Manly and after a quick water stop we we back onto lap 2. Much the same apart from it was daylight by the time we made our way through Burnt Creek.
After completing an extra lap of the Mall and then looping back into Manly from QLSC I finally pulled the plug with 35km on the Garmin in 3.20. Not the quickest run of my life, but I managed to average a HR under 140 which means I spent a lot of time in Zone 2. Exactly where I wanted to be.
Not sure if I will make it out tomorrow on the bike - will see how the weather fares up...at the moment the forecast is pretty dreadful!
No comments:
Post a Comment