Made it out the flat just after 7am heading up the Beaches (again) on the P2 - not as quick on the bike as Saturday, but still no slouch either!
Around the usual 50km circuit, ending up back at Queenscliff in 1.59, averaging just over 25 km/hr. Average cadence of 82 (using the new cadence thingy Mike recommended I install - it was 81 on Saturday so not much difference really - apparently the recommended cadence for triathletes is 80+).
Onto the run and I decided to head anti clockwise around the tried and trusted route starting along the beachfront.
Took things very easy to start with and the legs felt fine for the first lap, going through 20km in around 1.42. From there the heat started to get to me and I noticeably slowed down, but continued on, keen to reach the magical 30km mark again.
Eventually I finished up at QLSC with 32km on the clock in 2.53, averaging 5.24. Felt ok at the end...even thinking that I could have done an extra 10km if pushed! Good to know given that I will have to come race day.
All up a long but worthwhile morning. A 50/32 split backing up from Saturday's longer ride definitely puts me back on track for Melbourne and vindicates me not going to Husky in the end.
Now I just need to keep it all going....
No comments:
Post a Comment