Woke up to a surprisingly dry morning...and managing to negotiate a few hours time, headed off up the beaches on the P2. Wore the HR monitor for the first time ever on the bike.
With yesterday still in the legs, I focussed on keeping the cadence up and trying to spin up the hills as much as possible so as not to flog the legs too much. As a result the ride started a little slowly! Not helped by the 85% humidity.
I made it around the usual loop before deciding, with about an hour to spare, to turn at the Seaforth roundabout and retrace my steps back up the Wakehurst Parkway and Forest Way instead of heading upthe beaches again.
Despite having difficulties turning onto Forest Way, I made it all the way back to Mona Vale Road before again retracing my steps back into Manly for 74km all up in 3.09 with an average HR of 100 and an average cadence of 81. With that kind of HR I clearly wasn't pushing anything this morning! With my recent bike splits in races, maybe that says a lot about my riding in general...
Anyway, jumping off the bike I decided to head out for a quick 30 minute trot, just to keep the legs used to running off the bike. Againm running by HR, I ran down bast BA before continuing along Pittwater Road, into Manly and finally looping back along the front, finishing at QLSC for 6km all up in 31 mins. Ave HR: 124.
Not a bad morning. Still need to go long on the bike, but that'll have to wait until next weekend now.
No comments:
Post a Comment