Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday late brick

I made the decision on Friday not to do Huski this weekend - based on the fact that I could do with another big weekend of longer stuff rather than what effectively will only be 5 hours on Sunday. Not an easy decision to make as it is a great race, but after this week's poor effort I feel like I really need to start ramping up my training....and thrashing myself over a HIM was probably not the best plan. I need to do more.

That being said, my plan to go out early doors never happened, and I didn't actually make it out until after 2pm. With around 3.5 hours to play with, I decided to head up to West Head and back and see how long that was. My aim was to spend more time on the bike today, only planning on maybe a 30 mins run off the bike.

Given the later start the traffic heading up the beaches was a nightmare. So different to 5am traffic. Eventually I made it to the West Head turn off, climbing up to the gates in just over an hour and feeling strong.

From there I made my way along the (very) undulating West Head road to the toilet at the far end where I chowed a Torq bar and decided to turn around with 38km on the clock.

From there I retracted my steps taking the usual route along Forest Way, ending back in Seaforth with 75km done. With a bit of time to spare I looped around Warringah Mall, to make up the 80km by the time I got home in 3 hours dead. Average of 26.6km/hr. Pretty quick for that circuit!

From there I slipped the trainers on and headed along Queenscliff Road, and back through the lagoon. With the aim only to be running for 30 mins I turned at South Steyne finishing at QLSC with 30 mins and 6km on the clock.

Not the longest session ever, but not bad considering the time constraints.

The plan is to go shorter on the bike tomorrow...but longer on the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment