Met up with Tim and Rich (again) for the last in the Striders 10km series.
Getting there a little late, we quickly registered and were off.
I was still feeling Thursday's Track session in my legs and so deliberately set off slower than normal, still going through the first km in 4.09. Km 2 came and went in 4.03. Meanwhile Tim had surged ahead following the 40 minute pacer.
Up and down Scribbly and the pace dropped and then on to the long hill up towards the turn around where again the pace fell. By now my km pace had dropped closer to 4.30's. I was also starting to feel the humidity which had made my top and shorts drenched by this point.
From the turn around point I also started to catch Tim, passing him after about 7km - he was struggling with an upset stomach and was concentrating on not disgracing himself on the course as more of a priority than a fast time.
From there I held what I felt was a comfortable pace including the customary quick last km - although not quite as quick as previous attempts (4.09).
All up 43.19 and a bit disappointing to be honest. Something closer to 42.30 would have been nice, but after Track, the humidity and the general lack of speed training, I'm not too disappointed.
Tim came in about a minute after me and Rich about 30 seconds further back.
No comments:
Post a Comment