Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tapering squash

What better way to start my taper than a hard game of squash?!

On a sultry, humid and generally not very pleasant day, Court 1 turned in to a sweat pit. Literally.

After a quick warm up (I was sweating before I got on court and the ball was bouncing like a pink pong ball from the first hit), I took out a close game 1 to 6, Ric having been ahead for much of the game.

Ric then took games 2 and 3 with the benefit of a good few lucky bounces. At one stage he benefited from about 4 on the trot!

I responded by taking a close game 4 to even things up at 2-2 at which point we called it a day. A strange game really with a lot of corner and wall rallies where it was survival of the fittest. A lot of long rallies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment