Monday, January 23, 2012

Recovery swim

After a long day yesterday, I eventually made it into the pool late afternoon, getting there just as Mike H was finishing his set. Great timing...the fewer people I know who see me swimming the better at the moment.

Decided just to crank out 1km, splitting it into 2 x 500m intervals with the first 500m done just under 12 mins and the second 500m at 12.30. Identical to my splits on Friday, despite being in salt water.

Encouragingly, my parents who were also in the pool at the time seemed to think that my stroke looks a lot better than they remembered...but given that the last time they saw me swim was when I did the swim leg at Kurnell breaststroke about 4 years ago, that doesn't say much really. Still, nice to get some small compliment I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment