Monday, January 30, 2012

Longer Brick

Met Roly at 6am and headed up the beaches on a lovely morning (at last).

Took the roadie as Roly's EMC is in for repair so thought it only fair to match. The legs felt dreadful to start with, probably not helped by the 5kg of pasta I threw down my neck late on Saturday night...followed by the 2kg of chocolate!

Added to that, there was a strong headwind as we were cycling up Pittwater Road....plus Roly was pushing the pace blah blah, all excuses. Basically I just didn't want to be there!

We followed the same route as last week, getting to the Church Point turn off in just over 30 mins (slow) and to the West Head junction in under 55 mins (fast). From there, we rode towards West Head, turning around with the Garmin showing 35km.

We decided to retrace our steps rather than chance the Wakehurst Deathway, returning to Manly with 71km on the clock in just under 2.46. Incidentally, the outward 35km was done in 1.20 with the homeward split in 1.13. I guess that proves just how strong the headwind was on the way out!

From there, Roly only had time for a short run, so I headed home as I wanted to crack a longer run if possible. After a quick change, I was out and running along the beachfront, to Shelley and back, through the lagoon, along Pittwater Road and then back along the beachfront for 10km all up. I struggled with the pace early on but soon settled into a relatively comfortable 4.42 pace which I managed to hold for the whole 10km, finishing in 47 mins on the nose.

All up, just over 81km in just over 3.17.

A hard morning, but a good session to do. Nice to get a couple of longer runs under my belt last week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment