Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Solo Pain

With Tim still taking things easy with tooth issues and Roly in an all day meeting, I rocked up to pain on my own for the first time in ages.

Decided on Group 2 which turned out to be a little slower than usual. Which could have been why I found myself at the front of the recoveries and the back of the sprints. Not sure if that is better than the opposite but there you go.

As normal, I struggled to keep up with the first few sprints before I got into it up to the lamp post. It's amazing just how much you can keep up with the group just by actually completing the whole sprint rather than finishing it 10-15 metres early!

G2G was ok but not great...

Time: 29.24
HR: 146 (ave) / 172 (max)
G2G: 2.37

In other news, I have now entered Husky as have Roly and Tim. What with Mike H, Mark and Andrew all down there too, it should be a good day...

Not sure whether to do the Striders 10km on Saturday or head out for a long ride again...with Husky only 2 weeks away, this weekend is really the last time I can fit in a long ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment