On yet another dank evening, I rode to Track, reserving a decision as to whether I would actually do the session until I got to Mosman.
After two laps circling the oval on the bike, I decided to toughen up and do the session seeing as though I hadn't run home on Wednesday as planned.
After a two lap of the longer fartlek loop as a warm up, and with the oval deemed too wet for us to use, Bruce decided on a hill repeat set interspersed with laps of the shorter loop. In detail, 4 x hill repeats on the road next to the oval with a jog recovery followed by 4 x laps of the loop with 2 x hard, 2 x recovery. All multiplied by 2.
Despite the ride to the session, my legs felt fairly strong, and I am usually ok on the hills and so I was able to hold my own for the hill repeats. I ended up running solo for the majority of the session, not quite quick enough to hand on to the shirt tails of the front guys, but quicker than the following pack. Kind of between a rock and a hard place.
Pushed the hills and the quicker loops, averaging low 4 min km's with the recoveries not a lot slower, as per normal.
Jumped on the bike for the ride home, by which time my legs were pretty well rooted, although the pull up BB and then up to the roundabout felt ok on the lowest gog I have.
Got some useful nutrition tips from Andrew who was "taking it easy" and still running off the front of the fast guys!
Will have another rest day today, a Manly to Shelley thrash and back tomorrow before a long ride/run with the guys on Sunday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment