Thursday, November 24, 2011

New goggles

My new goggles/diving mask arrived from Wiggle today. Despite them not being tinted as requested, I figured that I didn't have time to send them back before Canberra and so I will have to make do with what they sent me.

With yesterday turning into a rest day (I had planned to swim and run home but work and general lethargy stopped me - I did run from Chatswood to Forest Way, but got Catherine to pick me up) I decided that a lunchtime swim was a good idea. The rain meant that the pool was quiet with only a couple of others in the medium lane.

The goggles went well and they have much greater visibility compared to my old set. Likie wearing a full on snorkel mask. They did leak a little towards the end, but that may be due to me fitting them badly to start with.

The swim itself was slow, but I am used to that. Ended up with 2km, split into 1km - 500m - 500m with small breaks in between and just under 55 mins all up.

Good to get it out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment