Thursday, September 29, 2011

Run home

Having hit this week pretty hard, I decided it was time to really test the legs in a longish run just to see how the recovery post Sydney had gone.

So having backed up 3 days in a row, I decided to run home after work.

A late work meeting in Strathfield meant that I didn't leave the city until just before 6pm, by which time it was getting dark and rainy. The aim was to keep the pace under 5.30's if I could and to see how the legs felt from there.

I always find it difficult starting off on the run home as the first couple of km's to the apex of the bridge are uphill...meaning I am always knackered 10 mins in.

Last night was no different, although I managed to keep the pace up for the most part, including along the long, Military Road slog. Surprisingly, the hills felt ok too. Maybe I am recovered after all.

Got to QLSC in just over 1.20 making it about 15.5km in 5.25's, Not too bad considering the thrashing the legs have received over the past couple of days and a perfect hit out for where I need to be.

I was going to ride in this morning, but caught a lift in instead as the legs felt trashed when I woke up. Will rest today and see how I feel tomorrow for a 10-12km run before backing off again next week in the hope that I get into Melbourne. I am definitely looking forward to easing off the long runs now!

No comments:

Post a Comment