Friday
After 2 days total rest, it was back to footy, this time playing for the company in a corporate 5-a-side tournament in Alexandria. In 33 degree heat, and inside what was no more than a tin shed, it was very heavy going! We lost all 4 games, losing about 5 litres of fluid in the process. Not a comfortable way to spend a Friday afternoon. Didn’t help that we played 2 x 2 games back to back with no rest in between. Still, we managed to score some nice goals…and concede some absolute shockers too.
Sunday
The legs were routed on Saturday morning after the footy on Friday and so I decided to take the day off for some more rest.
By the time Sunday came around, the legs were feeling a lot better – helped by 30 mins of yoga on Sunday morning. The weather prevented me from getting out until late afternoon when the rain finally stopped and I managed to sneak a run in between the showers. The aim wasn’t to run long, just to turn the legs over, which I managed with about 8.5km all up, through the lagoon and then along to Shelley and back, finishing with the hill next to Ric and Hayley’s place. On a particularly blustery evening I even managed to keep my pace to 5min/kms which is encouraging considering the way my legs were on Saturday morning!
Monday morning
Decided it was time to get back on the bike again this morning after a couple of months off while I concentrated on running. Not long until Nepean or Canberra for that matter means I really have to put some serious time in to both my bike and my swimming. So, having successfully blown up another tyre last night, I finally the back tyre over to the Gatorskins that I bought a while back. Here’s hoping I don’t get anymore punctures!
Again, it was throwing it down early and so I didn’t actually leave the flat until just after 7am – managing to dodge the showers again and make it into the city for just before 8am for 20km all up.
Nice to get back on the bike again after all this time off.
Looks like the Melbourne Marathon is definitely on if we can secure a spot…!
No comments:
Post a Comment