Met up with Dave, Roly and Tim for Pain.
Big turnout with some particularly large groups. We plumped for group 4 as the legs were still a little heavy after yesterday.
From the first sprint I felt strong in the legs and continued throughout the set. As per usual, Roly led most of the recoveries with Tim and I usually reeling him in on the sprints.
It would appear that the Gate to Gate should now be renamed “The Battle of Farm Cove” and after a lot of pre session banter, I held off a late surge from Tim to close out this part of the session with Roly having again lead us both out…having said that, I took the racing line through a crowded group and so Tim was probably unfairly compromised! Still, the competition appears to be working as again it was a record split for this part of the session.
From then on it was again a case of holding on with Tim in particular looking strong, especially on the penultimate interval when he left the whole group for dead. Again.
All up, a good, strong, hard session with the legs backing up well after last night. Just what the Melbourne Marathon dr ordered!
It would appear that Roly and Tim have both been swimming in the past week – makes me think I need to get into the pool before the weekend…
Time: 29.33
HR: 143 (ave)/174 (max)
G2G: 2.30
No comments:
Post a Comment