Saturday, March 16, 2013

Last long swim...sort of

Picked up Roly and met Tim at MLSC for what was supposed to be a triple version of Manly-Shelly return.

However, as soon as I woke up I knew that wasn't going to happen as the surf was pumping from the north.

After a quick decision to walk to Halfway Beach we ventured in (even the waves were breaking there!) before heading off to Shelly.

All up we managed Halfway - Shelly return 4 times for about 2.7/8km all up. We were in the water for nearly 1.30 though so that's a good thing...tough going though with the swell restricting any chance of getting into a decent rhythm.

I trialled wearing a tri top under the wettie today - big fail. It just got very wet and weighed me down! Given the time I will be out there, an extra 30 seconds to put my top on aint gonna make that much difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment