Monday, February 25, 2013

Splashing around

Ventured up to Cook & Phillip at lunchtime for my least favourite session of the week.

Feeling like my stroke had suffered a bit over the past few weeks I went back to basics, throwing in 600m of drills to start with.

Not sure how far I ended up swimming in the end, but I was in the water over an hour, and managed 6 x 200m intervals in the middle of all the drills.

Finished off with another 400m of the same. I really do feel that my stroke is better after the drills and I am longer and more even...but then again that's what they are there for!

Also tried to concentrate on using the core a bit more. Not sure it really worked.

The legs are feeling surprisingly good after the weekend's exertions - maybe I'm getting used to this backing up melarky after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment