With the 3 hour time difference I always seem to wake very early when staying in Perth - so I decided to take advantage and head out for an early trot before my flight back to Sydney.
Heading down to the water for the trusted Swan River circuit, I decided to run anti clockwise and towards the city first.
Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe two days isn't enough rest, maybe the body isn't coping well with no sugar February, but the legs felt very heavy for the first few km...and never really got any better. The quads in particular struggled, especially on any kind of incline - of which there wasn't really any....
To be honest, the whole thing was a struggle from start to finish, and I very nearly pulled the pin several times.
In the end, I managed 12km in a touch over 62 mins, averating 5.10's. Not too bad considering how painful the whole thing was.
Still, a lovely place to run and a gorgeous morning in Perth. Probably the only reason I kept going...!
No comments:
Post a Comment