I decided to try a new brick session this morning (thanks to Mr Fink) with the aim being to make more use of the morning ride to work by introducing a run as well.
More brick sessions seem to be what Fink recommends generally...
With that in mind I left Queenscliff just before 7am, making good time and reaching the office with 46.30 on the clock and 19km on the Garmin. I also decided on a slightly amended route, taking in Spit Hill instead of Battle Boulevard, thereby avoiding having to divert under the Spit Bridge and this probably explains the quicker time than normal.
After dumping the bike at the office, I was straight out onto the run, deciding to head along Barangaroo and around past the Hyatt, doing a loop of the Opera House before retracing my steps back to the Aquarium for 9.7km in 48 mins @ 4.55 pace.
Tough run after the ride with the humidity, and I certainly felt tired by the end. I will definitely aim to make this a regular session though, maybe increasing the time each time.
Ride: 19km in 46.30
Run: 9.7km in 48 @ 4.55
No comments:
Post a Comment