Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas and New Year Training...or lack of

Spending Christmas and New Year back in England played havoc with the training plan. That, and the fact that I spend the first week recovering from Canberra and jet lag (not helped by a non sleeping 9 month old who insisted on spending every night in mummy's bed - to daddy's obvious detriment).

All of which lead to very little training in the first week - but then again I figured that probably wasn't a bad thing as I needed a break after Canberra and before ramping up things in January.

That being said, I did manage to get out and about, just not on the bike, and only one swim, but at least the legs got a work out!

Saturday 22nd - 10km loop averaging 5.04/km
Sunday 23rd - 10km out and back averaging 4.41/km
Wednesday 26th - 10km loop averaging 5.07/km
Friday 28th - 2km straight swim in 25m pool
Sunday 30th - 18km (3 x loops) averaging 4.15/km
Wednesday 2nd - 12km (3 x loops) averaging 4.58/km

Not a great deal really, but considering I took a week off, not too bad.

In addition to the above, I also fitted in a strength session with the local triathlon trainer in Saffron Walden with the upshot being that I am going to try include 1 x core session a day into my training with one strength session a week if possible...apparently I have weedy shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment