Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double B&B

Met up with the boys for a double lap of Manly - Shelly and back.

In glorious flat conditions I was the only one wearing a wettie, Tim and Roly both opting for a rashie and board shorts. Plenty of wildlife out there this morning, lots of fish, rays and even a large blue thing...

I made it to Shelly in 10.58 and back to Manly in 13.09. The current must have been flowing back to Manly!

After a brief rest we were back into it along with what felt about a million others, reaching Shelly for the second time in 14.45 (a lot slower than the first time?!!?), eventually returning to Manly in 14.22 (!!).

No idea whether the times are accurate - the discrepancies would suggest they aren't...

Still, I shouldn't bogged down on times - it's good to get 2.8/3km of open water swimming under my belt.

Will probably continue with wettie for the doubles in the future...and will again attempt not to be last on Friday sans suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment