Monday, November 19, 2012

Hangover Brick

After a particularly heavy night, getting up early doors wasn't top of my priority list.

...and so after a few false starts and some large glasses of water, I finally got on the bike around 7am and headed up the Beaches.

The plan was for the short West Head loop and to go for 3 hours in total, i.e. whatever time I had left would be the run. Ideally I wanted a 50/12 split, but as long as I got 3 hours in I figured I would be happy.

Despite feeling pretty ropey to start with - I actually felt good once I got past Dee Why (?) and even felt strong in the legs for some reason. Maybe the pre race beer carbing works after all?!

I reached the Church Point turn off in 33mins and the bottom West Head junction in around 58, continuing on up to Terrey Hills and back the usual way, ending up with 51km on the Garmin in 1.51. Ironically enough my 25/25 split was virtually identical to the second, proving that maybe it isn't a lot quicker coming back along Forest Way? Then again, that doesn't take account of the auto stop function on the Garmin and includes the McCarrs Creek Hill on the homeward leg.

After a quick turnaround I was out on the run, heading along Queenscliff Road before looping back down to Bike Addition and out along Kenneth Road. From there I followed the M2S route, looping out to Shelley before finishing at the QLSC with 13km under the belt. Not the quickest 13km I have ever run (averaging 4.57's) but given the state I was in, I will take that.

All up 2.55 for the 51/13 split.

No comments:

Post a Comment