Friday, August 17, 2012

Take 2

After the stuttering non start last week followed by a long few days in WA, I finally got back into things yesterday starting with a lunchtime swim up at Cook & Phillip.

It wasn't pretty and it wasn't particularly enjoyable but it was necessary. That's probably all I can say about it really.

All up 1.2km split into a variety of drills with the pool buoy and without. Felt hard the whole way through, especially on the arms which were killing me by the end. I'm hoping I was just rusty rather than anything else.

Backed it up with a ride home which was surprisingly easy, probably as it was the first time I had really used my legs for 10 days! Managed to get home door to door in 49 minutes...

Planning on an easy lunchtime trot this lunchtime followed by the first Brick session of the new season tomorrow morning. Aiming for a 50/10 split up to the West Head turn off and back. Followed by a 10km run...

No comments:

Post a Comment