Friday, January 13, 2012

Track

Haven't been feeling the greatest since Tuesday, like I am on the verge of coming down with something, so took Wednesday off after deciding that perhaps swimming wasn't the best thing to do in such a state.

Was feeling slightly better by the time Thursday afternon rolled around and so, being the competitive bugger than I am, decided to give Track a go, knowing that there would be no hiding place if I wasn't 100%.

Started with the customary ride from work to Mosman before a couple of laps of the fartlek loop, the oval and some stride throughs as a warm up, before Bruce split the group into those doing long course and those who wanted to do the shorter option.

The long course option consisted of a pyramind set of 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-2-1 minutes, all done at 85% with 90 seconds floating recovery between each interval. All to be done either outside or inside the oval, whichever we felt like (essentially follow my leader type thing!).

Started off following tall Dave and Joey Sprange, managing to hang on to their coat tails for the first pyramid before they gapped me as we started the second pyramid. At this point, I was caught by one of the quicker girls, who I then managed to hold on to until she decided to run around the oval for the last couple of intervals. By this point, we had caught up with tall Dave again and so I kept him in my sights for the remaining intervals.

Not sure of the splits as I couldn't upload the Garmin info last night, but I suspect my surges started at sub 4 min pace but ended up closer to 4.15!

A lap of the fartlek loop as a warm down before I jumped back on the bike for the ride home. Surprisingly, the legs didn't feel as stuffed as last week but still a hard old session!

All up 19km on the bike and 12km on the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment