Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back on the horse!

Met up with Mike H and his mate Kieron (doing IM Melbourne in 11 weeks) for a ride up the beaches. First trip out on the TT since Canberra.

Only wanted to do 60km on the bike as was keen to get a longish run in so left the boys at the West Head turn off and headed down to Akuna Bay before the long pull up to Terrey Hills.  I then continued back to Manly via Forest Way and Allambie Heights Road before a lap of the front to get the mileage up to 60km. Legs felt tired the whole way, still probably feeling the after effects of Thursday's session.

60km in 2.20. Not too bad really.

After a quick change, I was out onto the run. The plan was to do 10km so I decided on the Burnt Creek/Sydney Road loop.

Again, the legs felt heavy from the get go and I struggled to maintain any kind of form, averaging 4.45's until the hill up to Sydney Road where my pace dropped to 4.50's. Managed to pull it back up to 4.45's by the time I made it back to Manly for 47.29.

All up 70km for the morning. Good to get back out on the P2 but definitely need to rest those legs on Sunday now! Maybe a swim instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment