Met up with Tim for what was supposed to be a ride and run. I hadn't been feeling the best for a few days so the plan was to take things easy.
Headed out along Pittwater Road and then the rain hit. Not just normal rain, this was monsoonal rain. Driving, horizontal type stuff. We immediately turned around and rode back to Queenscliff...where the rain stopped! We then decided we would head up to North Head to see if it was any better up there, but by the time we reached Manly the rain had started again and so Tim decided to head home and call it a day.
I was still keen for a ride so rode up to North Head, only to find myself in the middle of a Warringah Tri Club triathlon! Quite funny riding on a race course but not actually being in the race. After a lap of North Head, the rain was still torrential and so I decided to give it up and head home myself...only for the rain to stop again as I made my way along Pittwater Road!
Sod it, I will keep going so, with things looking a little brigher up the beaches, off I went, making it to Bay View before turning around (I only wanted to do 50km) and getting all the way back without any further rain interruptions. I decided to come back through Dee Why and Curl Curl, forgetting the hill between the two beaches! That is a monster.
I was tempted to tack on a small run, but figured with the head cold that probably wasn't the best idea and so called it a day at 54km all up. Not too bad really considering the disastrous start to the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment