Instead of being at work at 7am, I decided instead to use this time more productively and go for an early swim and get it out of the way. Mentioned it to Tim who was keen and so picked him up at the wharf which meant we could T3 it into town...so quick!
Decided on Cook and Phillip, only to find it totally packed. I have never seen it as busy! Half the lanes were booked for squads which meant the rest of us were shoehorned into 4 lanes.
With the medium lane clearly not an option, we plumped for the slow lane for the first time ever. I wasn't sure what set to do but Tim was keen to crank out 2km straight and so I decided to just follow and see how I went.
Felt strong for the first 500m, despite Tim being quicker than me, but I managed to hold him to a consistent lead between 500m and 1.5km before he pulled away a bit over the closing 500m, finishing about 3/4 of a length ahead. He is definitely a quicker swimmer than me and so it is good to have someone to chase...
No idea about the time but it was good to get the distance done under an hour. Will try and break things up with a pyramind session on Friday.
About half way through the set we changed into the medium lane...mostly due to a strange man doing backstroke, which included a rather worrying trend of "stroking" everyone who overtook him. Usually when one bumps into someone else one retracts their arm straight away - one does not run one's arm down the other swimmers torso. Very strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment