Friday, July 15, 2011

Winter's swim

I missed out on a swim yesterday due to a work lunch, so ended up taking a rest day, which is probably what I needed after a few hard back to back days.

Despite a beef madras and several beers, I was in the city early as I gave Catherine a lift in and so I decided to head up to Cook and Phillip. Got there just after 7.30 and the pool was packed! Got changed and the pool was virtually empty! Strange. Maybe most people get out earlier to get to work.

Got straight into my usual 3 x 500m set, feeling good from the outset. Not fast, just good. Trying to again concentrate on increasing my cadence through the water.

I was overtaken on a fairly regular basis, but completed each 500m interval in 12-13 minutes, so on a par with what I can normally crank out.

Interesting that my 500m times in a chlorine pool are about 12-13 minutes whereas the salt water pool they are closer to 11-12 minutes, but when I get the wetsuit on I can crank out 1500m in under 30 mins! Just proves the effects of a wetsuit.

All up 1500m and I was sitting at my desk just after 8.30am and still before most of the team had even arrived. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment