After a weekend of drinking, eating, more drinking, more eating and general debouchery in Forster for Christmas in July, it was time to get back on the horse...with a run home.
Having not run for 5 days my legs felt surprisingly fresh along Kent Street and after the initial struggle up to the bridge, I was quickly into a comfortable stride across the bridge and up Wycombe.
I wasn't running at the quickest pace (in fact I have no idea how fast I was going as my Garmin didn't pick me up until I was on Parrawi!) but the hills felt comfortable and I never pushed my heart rate too hard, happy to just tick over the legs.
I decided to run along Sydney Road and Manly beachfront as it was dark by the time I got to the top of Spit Hill.
I was running for about 1.25 and from previous weeks the mileage would have been about 15.5km all up so about 5.30/km average pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment