Today was wintry and windy. Very windy in fact. Met Tim and his mate and jogged to the start, deciding to run in group 3.
Big group out today with the pace seemingly slower than normal. Felt comfortable the whole way as a consequence, even leading some of the recoveries during the latter stages of the session which is unusual for me.
Average gate to gate split, but still in the ball park, managing to maintain my position to the final sprint to finish in 28.38. Tired but with petrol still in the tank. Group 2 for me next week I think. I need to push myself harder in these sessions.
Time: 28.38
HR: 144 (ave) / 170 (max)
G2G: 2.36
In other news, both Tim's and I have now taken the plunge and entered into the Canberra Half Ironman for December this year…no excuses! We will probably look at Nepean during the build up…all I need to do now is to get out on that nice new bike of mine!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment