Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Monday night squash

After a few weeks off following our European adventures, it was back to Court 3 and the resumption of squash hostilities.

On what felt like a mild evening, Ric easily took out the first game to 2 (I never seem to start well!). I turned it around in game 2, winning to 5 before also winning game 3 to 4. Ric then took back game 4 (I should really have won but lost concentration whilst 5-0 up) before he painfuly ripped a toenail at 5-4 in the decider and we decided to call it a day.

A thoroughly enjoyable game and much better serving on my part, although I did feel lethargic throughout, and again relied on the big heave ho shots to win the points rather than the more delicate approach.

Still a good game to get back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment