Following a tough couple of days, Tim and I decided to back up this morning with a long run into work.
Woke up with very tired and sore legs, mainly from the squash on Monday, but headed out anyway at 6.15am to meet Tim in Manly. Perfect weather for it, cool, clear and with a little breeze.
From Manly we headed up Sydney Road, into Seaforth, looping around Battle Boulevard before crossing Spit Road under the bridge and then up Parrawi Road into Mosman. From there we ran along Military Road, turning left down Ben Boyd and then up into Kirribilli and across the bridge.
The intention was to run long once we got to the city and so from the bridge we looped back down onto Argyle Street and then through Circular Quay, around the Opera House and then back along Hickson Road, finishing at the corner of King and Sussex for a few extra km’s.
All up 22.5km in 2.07, averaging 5.37. Not bad considering both our legs felt ruined the whole way!
I will now back off the running for the rest of the week as we are going to hit the Sri Chimnoy half marathon at Dolls Point on Sunday morning. Given where I am at training wise, I will be looking for a sub 1.40…I ran 1.39 last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment