Still raining...
Thursday night was squash night this week. Court 1 too - the show court.
Game 1 went as per usual, 9-6 to Ric before I evened things up 9-7, having been 7-1 up! Game 3 was a monster and I ended up winning 11-9 in one of the longest games I think we have ever played. Ric then evened things up in game 4 in a game I probably should have won, but my concentration had gone by that time. We were happy to call it 2-2 after 4 tight games.
Interesting discussion afterwards about what is a let and what isn’t…in particular whether you can call a let if your opposition is in the way of you approaching the ball…apparently according to the rules, a let should be given, although I don’t think we have ever called it that way. Also interesting that we should be using a single yellow spot ball rather than a double yellow which requires long rallies and hard hitting to keep warm.
Still, another good game. I do like my squash!
No comments:
Post a Comment