Up early for what was supposed to be a tempo 10km run in the same style as Sunday night's run...same route...same result? Not likely!
Started off well and was averaging sub 4.30's until BLR when it all went wrong and I started losing time, so much so that by the time I reached Sydney Road my average had dropped to 4.42 and this continued to fall until I reached Manly where I was down to 4.48's. It was then basically just a tough struggle to the end along the beach front. Hard work!
Timing wise I was 3 minutes slower than Sunday - probably due to the fact it was a lot warmer and humid and I was also dehydrated to start with - all of which meant I couldnt hold the pace that I wanted and probably went out too hard as well. Still I finished, although I do have a sore left quad now. Maybe I need to take a couple of days off running to rest.
Total: 10km
Time: 47.59
Max HR: 163
Ave HR: 151
p.s. logged on to watch Warringah play the set test and hymn at the Nationals in Adelaide - they sounded great! Especially the basses, even with only 1 x BBb and 3 x BBb's (3 permits!). I still didn't miss playing though - this is the first Easter in 4 x years that I haven't played at the Nationals....it is nice to have the full Easter break and I am looking forward to flying to Melbourne tomorrow with Catherine...
No comments:
Post a Comment