Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The right level of Pain

Tough session today.

As per last week’s resolution I plumped for Group 3 which was really Group 2. Warm day with a little wind. Nice running conditions.

There were about 20 of us to start with although at least 5 must have dropped out as we went around. From the get go I could feel that the pace was quicker than I was used to with the recoveries a lot quicker than normal. As a result I was often towards the back of the pack during the sprints and had it all on to catch up during the recoveries.

Struggled around Farm Cove in particular and the remaining sprints. I managed to stay with the group though which was the main aim.

Finished last but finished. Quickest session of the year by a considerable margin (40 seconds) but one of the slowest G2G. Need to continue at this level if I am going to up my pace.

Whilst recovering, Group 4 came in at 29.20….I definitely made the right decision!

Time: 27.35
Average HR: 153
Max HR: 171
G2G: 2.40

No comments:

Post a Comment