Had a couple of days off after Thursday’s session. To be honest I needed it as my body hadn’t fully recovered from Sunday. Plus we had spent a lot of time in Ikea and so finding time to run wasn’t easy!
After another day of intense furniture shopping I eventually managed to get out at 7pm on Sunday night.
Although I was tired before the run, I felt strangely fresh once I started to turn the legs over as it was a lovely evening for running. The rest had done my good. I therefore quickly decided to push a tempo 10km and see how I went with the aim to keep the time under 45 mins if possible. I decided on the Manly, Burnt Creek, Sydney Road, North Steyne route as there are a few hills to break up my pace.
I quickly settled into a nice tempo through the lagoon and then on to Kenneth Street. I was averaging 4.30 before I darted into the Burnt Creek Track, at which point my pace dropped as it was dark and navigation wasn’t easy. Once I got to Sydney Road at the top of the hill I had dropped to 4.36. I then pushed on along Sydney Road and managed to bring the pace back to 4.32 by the time I hit the Corso due to the number of downhill’s along this part of the route. I then picked up the pace again along the beachfront and ended up sprinting the last half km to sneak in under 45 mins at 44.59! Felt strong for the past couple of km’s and I could definitely go faster in the daylight.
Finished with a 1km warm down for 11km all up. A great way to finish the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment