It was wild and windy yesterday, perfect for donning the wettie and getting into some serious swimming practice with the triathlon now less than 3 weeks away.
The beaches were all closed and the pool was inundated with waves and chop with lots of sand making everything very murky with vision hard. Yet more ideal practice.
This was only the second time I have worn the wetsuit and so I was keen to see how it felt on. Although putting it on was hard work, and it felt tight initially, once in the pool I felt comfortable wearing it and the added buoyancy was certainly noticeable.
I decided to go for the 100-400-100 pyramid swim to break things up a little and to see just what affect the suit had on my times.
Initially, I seemed to be a good 30 seconds faster over 100m with the suit on, although this reduced to about 20 seconds during the latter stages of the set. Having said that the conditions in the pool were pretty crappy with lots of chop, waves and even a current when the waves broke over the wall of the pool so a pretty poor comparison overall.
All up, a great session and just what I needed to give me confidence that the wetsuit will get me through the distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment