Following Monday's successful return to running, I decided that it was time I make a return to Pain. Big mistake!
It was a particularly warm and humid day (29 degrees and 90% humidity) and so the going was always going to be tough.
There were hundreds of people running and so I dropped down to group 5 out of 7. The lowest I have ever been.
Everything started well and was going to plan until the drop down after sprint 2 when I went over on my ankle AGAIN! This time it was the left ankle. Clearly I was over compensating for the weakness in my right ankle!
Although the pain was obvious, I again decided to finish the set as I figured it wasn't as bad as the right.
From then on the session turned into a bit of a slog in the heat, but I finished kind of strongly.
Immediately the ankle flared up again and is now swollen. So that makes two busted ankles now!
More swimming for me then.....
Total time: 31.56
G2G: 2.56
Ave HR: 148
Max HR: 168
No comments:
Post a Comment