Thursday, March 17, 2011

Slow recovery swim

With the ankle taking a while to recover, I decided it was time to reacquaint myself with the pool after a couple of weeks off. I took an early mark from work and so was in the pool by 5.30.

The session was nothing to write home about whatsoever, but it was still nice to get in the water and get the heart rate going after a few days off since 6 Foot.

300m warm up followed by 500m with a 200m warm down for 1km all up. All very slow and tiring as expected as my body is still very tired after the race. Plus, with my ankle still being sore, I didn’t do a lot of kicking which meant primarily a upper body work out.

With the triathlon just over 3 weeks away, I have decided that I need to swim 3 times a week from here on. Including at least one session a week in my wetsuit. The running will take care of itself, and I will also start riding to work at least once a week.

There is also a 1km swim at North Steyne next Sunday which I think I will do…as I also need the open water practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment