This was my first Track for a couple of weeks, and the last one before 6 Foot.
I wasn’t really keen on going as my legs felt tired after the past couple of days – but I decided that a speed session was probably what I needed after all the endurance stuff of the past couple of weeks.
Caught up with Mike Hughes who I hadn’t seen for ages and talked new bikes…he agreed that it seems like the one on eBay is a pretty good deal…Tim was again conspicious by his absence.
After a fartlek warm up, Mike and I decided opted for the long course set which involved 2 repeats of 4 laps around the outside of the oval, with each set of 4 laps progressively building from 2 @ IM pace to 2@ HIM pace. I always find it difficult to pace these intervals as I have never actually done a HIM or an IM and so I have no idea what pace they are done at!
Notwithstanding this, we decided to run at 4.45 pace for the first 2 laps and 4.20/4.15 for the next 2 with both reps completed fairly comfortably.
We then joined with the short course guys for the end of their set which involved 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off x 4 with some ab work in between sets. I took this part of the session easy with Saturday’s 10km in mind. All followed up by an easy warm down and stretch.
A good easy session, and perfect for my taper!
10.7km all up in just over 1 hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment