Saturday, December 18, 2010

BTC 5km TT

BTC 5km TT on Thursday night. Didn't have particularly high expectations as I had thrashed my legs on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and so I wasn't expecting a great time....

Not a massive turn out, but still enough to make it competitive.

Still no Tim, but Andrew was there, 4 days after the HIM in Canberra.

The start was a little disrupted as one of the faster guys fell over 5 metres in with a cry of "my shoulder's gone". Turns out he had dislocated his shoulder in falling over, poor guy. 

Started off with the aim of holding on to 4 min/km pace for as long as possible, with the ultimate aim of breaking 21 minutes. The first 2 km's were on  track but then my pace progressively went downhill as fatigue set in...although I still managed a finishing sprint to try and sneak in under 21 mins, but failed by one second! I also suffered from running on my own, with no-one to really pace off.

Km's went 4.00, 4.08, 4.18, 4.21, 4.13

Overall time: 21.01, not too bad and an improvement on the first 5km TT.

Next time I will aim for 20.30.

In other news, I am now a confirmed entrant for both 6 Foot and the Dextro Triathlon in Sydney. Two great aims for the start of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment