As i hadn't swum at all this week i popped up to Cook and Phillip for a lunchtime dip today.
I debated long and hard during the morning as to whether i should go as i was still feeling dehydrated after last nights track session and not drinking enough afterwards which led to an interrupted nights sleep but in the end i decided to take Andrews advice, HTFU and do it.
The pool was relatively quiet to start with which enabled me to get into my stride quickly. I didnt have any targets in mind, other than to try and increase my cadence, find a rhythmn and keep with it as long as i could. The first 500m went quickly and so i decided to crank out another 500m without a break as i was feeling good at that stage.
I took a break after 1km for a couple of minutes and then decided i would push on for another 500m and call it a day as the pool was getting busier.
Timing wise, today was slow but i expected it to be given that this was the first swim for 10 days and the longest swim i have done in close to 6 months. I was more interested in just getting in the water again and seeing how i felt with the increased cadence. Which, for 1km, was good. I felt the last 500m though, hence the slower time.
Overall if i am to ever consider doing a HIM and IM, i need to start spending more time in the water. I need to swim 2/3 times a week for at least an hour each time so that i can increae my speed. I am hoping that the new wetsuit and the closeness of Queenscliff pool will help this....i am also expecting my new wetsuit to change my swimming world though!
Total distance: 1.5km
First 500m: 13.36
Second 500m: 13.36
Third 500m: 13.34
No comments:
Post a Comment