Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Running home in the rain

Very wet and windy run home on Monday night. Poured from start to finish. But I loved it! It was so refreshing running in the rain.

I hadn’t done anything all weekend, as we were in Melbourne watching England getting smashed by the Kangaroos, and so my legs were fresh and I felt strong the whole way.

I ended up following someone from Wycombe Road all the way to Spit Bridge which helped with my pacing. What didn’t help was that every time I got close to him, I got stuffed by a set of lights! Was good to run to someone else’s pace for a change though.

My watch went a little kaput from Military Road onwards due to the rain so I’m not 100% sure of my timings, but the distance still showed up as 16km so it might be right…if so, my legs really were fresh as I smashed my previous quickest time by 5 mins! I think I will assume that my watch was right…

Timings went:
Clean up Office: 5.48
Kirribilli end of bridge: 15.27
Top of Wycombe: 27.38
Spit Bridge: 49ish
Ethel Street: 55/56 ish
BLR: 1.06:16
QSLC: 1.17.57

Total distance: 16km, average pace 4.54/km.

Overall, very happy to push myself a little harder than i had done previously and a great run in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment