Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Monday swim

Back in WA again (hopefully for the last time) and with  some spare time in a very hot Carnarvon, I made it to the Carnarvon Aquatic Centre around 4pm, hoping to escape the heat of the day...

Jumping in to what felt like a warm bath, and with no-one else around I had the pool to myself for the first km. Unfortunately the sun was angled such that every odd lap ended in me looking directly at the sun - very annoying to and meant I spent half my time with my eyes closed.

As with a lot of my recent training I wasn't sure how far to go, deciding just to stop when I felt tired.

Briefly stopping every 500m to clear my goggles, I eventually made it to 2km, deciding to call it a day at 2.5km as I was knackered as well as concerned about burning in the sun.

A lovely spot to swimming, and with a later flight to Perth tomorrow, one I will probably try and replicate tomorrow afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment