Still not feeling 100% with a head cold that is hanging around, I decided to take another day off the pool and instead do an easy brick session before work.
Rode the usual way to work, getting to work in 50 mins flat. Fairly uneventful really.
From there, I headed straight out on the run, originally aiming for 30 mins, but deciding about half way through that I could probably manage 40 mins.
With a boat docked at Barangaroo, I detoured along Hickson Road before diving back to the waterfront and then back out onto Hickson. From there I decided to follow a runner in front of me who was running around the Walsh Bay Wharves - something I didn't even know you could do until today. Actually quite a nice route taking in the views across the harbour.
Turning with 23 mins on the Garmin, I then retraced my steps back to Cargo Bar, ending up with 42.30 on the clock at an average of around 5.10, giving me just over 8kms for the morning.
Felt relatively comfortable the whole way - and thinking about it, with an IM Marathon goal of 4 hours, this will probably be close to my race pace on the day...
All up 19km + 8km for the morning in a touch over 90 mins.
No comments:
Post a Comment