Monday, October 1, 2012

Release the hounds!

Met up with Tim (Roly has a chest infection poor guy), racked the bikes, jumped into the car and headed up to the car park just after the West Head turn off.

With only one week until Forster, the aim of the session was to get the carbons on and rolling again - the first time since Wollongong in March that they had been used in anger.

I had changed the wheels on Saturday so after parking up and unracking we were off - the aim being to do 2 x laps of West Head topped off by a 20 minute run. Nothing too strenuous.

All felt good and smooth on the bike, although there was a fair old cross wind at times which I hadn't come across before - made sections of the route rather interesting!

All up 41km in 1.27 - average of 28km/hr. Nutritionally just the 1 x power bar.

After racking the bikes we headed off on the run, turning at 2km before retracing our steps back to the car park. Hilly, but nice and leisurely with the 4km taking 19.36 @ 4.54's.

So that's basically that for training now before Forster. Depending on how I feel, I might sneak in a couple of B&B and maybe the HuRTS session on Tuesday, but nothing else...

No comments:

Post a Comment