Monday, October 1, 2012

Glorious B&B

Met up with Tim (again!) on a glorious Monday morning for the trip to Shelly and back. A large turnout with the surf flat and basically perfect.

After the customary waiting at the point, we were off. I tried to stick to Tim for as long as I could but he quickly sped off as I was cut up by some random in large yellow flippers. He tried to swim over Tim too but Tim stood his ground and this guy just bounced off him and headed in the opposite direction.

I did mange to follow a few people across which saved on the sighting. Not sure that is the best tactic in the race though as it relies on other people being able to sight!

After a couple of minutes at Shelly we were back off again. Again I stuck with Tim for a few minutes before I lost him about half way back. Again, I sighted using others as a guide, eventually turning the point and heading to shore, standing up to find people finishing behind me. A truly novel experience!

After Friday's carnage, this was probably my most enjoyable session with these guys. Such a lovely way to start the day!

Point - Shelly: 9.25
Shelly - Manly: 15.32

Some photos Catherine took this morning below:


No comments:

Post a Comment