Wednesday, September 26, 2012

4 x 10 mins

Despite my legs telling me otherwise, Tim, Roly and I rocked up to the HuRTS 4 x 10 minute session.

Not having done this before I wasn't sure what/where it involved, apart from the fact it started at the Opera House gates.

There appeared to be a large turn out and after a quick briefing we were off, heading towards the gate to gate with the aim being to run at HM pace for 10 mins, spend 2 mins doing nothing before retracing our steps back to the gates, all repeated twice.

From the outset the legs felt sore. Not surprising given the thrashing on Sunday and the tough squash game last night.

I kept Tim in sight...just, managing to reach half way up the small incline to the flyover, covering 2.39km in the 10 mins at an average of 4.11.

On the return journey, being more downhill I reached the gates in 9.32, dipping in at 3.59 average.

Set 2 was always going to be tougher and so it proved, averaging 4.19 (2.13km) on the way out (reaching the bottom of the incline) and 4.07 (9.41) for the way back.

Tough set and the legs were rooted afterwards.

Jogged back to Kent Street for 10.75km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment